Forums » Dog Care

Long Term Dog Care

• 2 posts
    October 21, 2013 2:47 PM AEDT

Hi everyone,

I have a problem right now in that I have been made redundent from my job. And as such, I would like to take some time to discover a bit of Australia and figure out where we would like to settle. This will probably take several months. The problem is what to do with my black Lab!

This is a last resort. I have, of course spoken with all family and friends who are all unble to help over such a period of time. Giving him up permanently is not an option.

If there is someone out there who believes that they may have a solution, please respond.

Thank you.

• 10 posts
    October 22, 2013 1:31 PM AEDT
    Hi, there's a website called Aussie House Sitters. We have found the best people who come in and mind your pooch. I've recommended them plenty of times & everyone have been really happy. It's a free service for people seeking sitters. The sitter/s come to your house & look after your dog/pets. Hope this helps. Yvonne. Here's the link: http://www.aussiehousesitters.com.au/sitters/search
    • 2 posts
    October 23, 2013 8:29 AM AEDT
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I will be giving up my rental (too expensive to keep!) and so will need a home for Eddie to go too. Thanks again!
    • 1 posts
    November 1, 2013 7:22 PM AEDT
    Can you take the dog with you? There are more and more accommodation options that can take dogs. depends if you are going caravan parks or renting houses or camping or something else.
    • 1 posts
    October 29, 2018 6:53 PM AEDT

The fact is that leaving them at the house either winds up moving especially expensive or just unreliable. While there are options now with dog training business to walk and serve your pets, assignment writing companies it still gives them ignored the remainder of the time. The best option is asking a member, companion, or friend to stay in or take care of a pet.